|Title:||Case Manager - FT - HOC|
|Dept:||25 - HOC|
This position is responsible for assisting individuals experiencing homelessness in obtaining and maintaining permanent, stable housing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Utilizing the principles of housing first and progressive engagement, provide case management to a caseload of individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Develop client centered housing stability plans for a caseload and work closely with those individuals to facilitate the movement into and maintenance of permanent, stable housing.
- Complete relevant assessments and facilitate connections to appropriate community resources.
- Maintain client files according to funder requirements. Ensure client data in HMIS is current, accurate and entered in real time.
- Complete monthly reviews of data relevant to the project and provide updates to direct supervisor.
- Meet weekly with fellow House of Charity case managers to discuss and review caseload and progress on client centered goals.
- Develop and maintain good community partnerships and up to date knowledge of resources for individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Continually seek the improvement in the quality of the HOC operations and case management program.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with clients and co-workers. Ability to adhere to an appropriate self-care plan.
- Perform other relevant duties assigned by supervisor.
- Adhere to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
- Perform related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or related field and one year of relevant experience in direct client services; OR an AA Degree with 3 years of relevant experience in direct client services; OR 5 years of relevant experience in direct client services.
Successful candidates will demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet the minimum education and/or experience qualifications.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a valid Driver’s License and successfully pass background check applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, climb, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach
- Occasionally crawl, stoop, kneel
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled. Ability to work night and weekend shifts as needed.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of and experience with: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, HMIS or other similar database.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, and funder regulations; ability to write reports; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure;
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Supervisory Skills: this job does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities..
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at moderate to loud levels of sound dependent upon the daily activities.
- Client Population may include persons involved in gangs, with substance use concerns, homelessness and/or tendencies towards violent behavior.