|Title:||Lead Maintenance - FT (House of Charity)|
|Dept:||25 - HOC|
This position is responsible for maintaining the entire property in a safe, attractive, comfortable condition and assist in other types of maintenance when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Oversee the maintenance of both the interior and exterior of the property daily, to provide clean and acceptable facility and curb appeal at all times.
- Supervise and assign duties for the Assistant Maintenance and Janitorial staff.
- Maintain contracts for the on-going maintenance and inspections of the building.
- Coordinate and supervise all work by outside contractors ensuring that work is completed in a satisfactory and timely manner.
- Assist in the locating and purchasing of materials and supplies as required, maintaining constant knowledge of availability of materials at the best price available.
- Make recommendations to the HOC Operations Coordinator for needed repairs and improvements to the property to maintain the best quality property possible.
- Respond to all service requests as directed by the Operations Coordinator and complete all work orders in a timely and professional manner.
- Supervise proper maintenance of all HOC equipment and systems, including kitchen and laundry appliances, other facility mechanical equipment.
- Make a regular inspection of all lighting, sprinkler systems, fire prevention systems and fire extinguishers as required.
- Establish and supervise a program of preventive maintenance on the property (i.e. air conditioner filter replacement).
- Become familiar with all equipment operation, maintenance requirements, implied warranties and manufacturer's recommendations for properly maintaining equipment.
- Maintain a schedule with the Operations Coordinator to assure the availability of "on call" personnel for after hours, weekends and holiday emergencies.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all equipment, tools and supplies applicable to maintenance of the property.
- Maintain compliance with OSHA regulations and hazardous chemicals program.
- As assigned, may have budgetary responsibility.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- Adhere to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
- Perform as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Perform related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have: a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree. Demonstrated experience performing maintenance / janitorial duties. Demonstrated ability in one or more building repair areas; plumbing, drywall, electrical, HVAC etc.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a Driver’s License and the ability to drive for work use. Must successfully pass background check as applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly stand, climb, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequently lift up to 50-100 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach
- Occasionally sit, crawl, stoop, kneel
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of: Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Supervisory Skills: ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Applicable supervisory responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, training, and coaching employees, planning, assigning and directing work, reviewing performance, appraising/disciplining employees when necessary, addressing complaints and questions and resolving problems.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at moderate to loud levels of sound dependent upon the activities of the Shelter.
- Heat: subject to high temperatures
- Cold: exposed to low temperatures
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists.