|Title:||Assistant Janitor/Custodian - PT - St Anne's|
|Dept:||10 - SACFC|
This position is responsible for the overall appearance, cleanliness and maintenance of the building and grounds, providing a clean and acceptable curb appeal at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Performs all tasks related to maintaining the property to include; daily cleaning and maintenance of the classrooms, common areas and grounds, maintenance or repair duties as assigned.
- Creates and performs against daily, monthly and yearly cleaning and grounds maintenance plan.
- Maintains inventory of cleaning supplies, submitting purchase orders and picking up supplies as necessary.
- Assures productivity outcome measures are achieved related to janitorial duties.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of all cleaning equipment, tools and supplies applicable to the maintenance of the property.
- Maintains compliance with OSHA regulations, child care licensing and accreditation requirements, and hazardous chemicals programs for all indoor and outdoor environments.
- Performs as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Adheres to the tenants of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
- Performs related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director/Assistant Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have: a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to successfully pass a Department of Early Learning (DEL) background check and register in MERIT system. An individual must have a valid Driver’s License and insurability in order to drive for work purposes.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, climb, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach
- Occasionally crawl, stoop, kneel
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
- Must complete a tuberculosis test
- Must be 18 years of age
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Supervisory Skills: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at quiet to moderate levels of sound dependent upon the activities of the Center
- Heat: subject to high temperatures
- Cold: exposed to low temperatures
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists