|Title:||Accounting Clerk - FT|
|Dept:||94 - Finance|
This position is responsible for accounting functions and other related back up duties for Catholic Charities programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Enter and maintain accurate payroll data in ADP.
- Assist with payroll functions, resetting passwords, payroll inquiries, and other related reporting.
- Assist with the coding and processing of accounts payable.
- Verify and write up deposits as needed.
- Process monthly benefits reconciliations.
- Files and maintains financial records in an orderly fashion to facilitate retrieval of information as necessary.
- Assists with researching accounting questions, the preparation of audit schedules and other reports as necessary under the direction of the Finance Director and Accounting Manager.
- Reconciles and processes monthly visa payments.
- Provides general clerical and administrative support for the Finance Department and assists with other Finance activities as needed.
- Assist with the coordination and accounting for cell phones and cell data plans.
- Responds to vendor and Director inquiries
- Responsible for back-up distribution of CCFSC mail to department mailboxes as appropriate.
- Provides backup coverage to the Receptionist as needed.
- Adheres to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrines.
- Performs as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Performs related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree. An Associate’s Degree in accounting is strongly preferred. A minimum of three (3) years’ experience accounting/bookkeeping support capacity; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates/Licenses: this job does not require any specific certifications. Successfully pass background check applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, climb, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach
- Occasionally crawl, stoop, kneel
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Accounting software, Internet software. 10-key proficiency.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Supervisory Skills: this job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at quiet to moderate levels of sound dependent upon daily activities