|Title:||Supportive Housing Case Manager|
|Dept:||20 - SMS|
Job SummaryThis position is responsible for providing supportive housing case management services for households discharging from Eastern State Hospital (ESH). This position is also responsible for care coordination with partner agencies involved with ESH households and assisting them in moving in a planned manner towards achieving personal independence.
This is a part-time position but may lead to full-time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Support mechanisms that promote rapid and successful reintegration of consumers back into the community from psychiatric hospitals and long-term psychiatric placements, including participating with the hospital inpatient teams in treatment and discharge planning.
- Act as a care coordinator for all parties involved in the treatment team.
- Visit clients at ESH and Conduct intakes, develop client-centered individualized service plans, and complete ALTSA Housing Voucher packets within time limits specified by program requirements.
- Assist ESH households with finding housing in the community that meets their desired specifications.
- Provide Supportive Housing services according to professional ethical conduct guidelines.
- Act as landlord liaison during housing search. Facilitate background check screenings, application submissions, appeals when necessary, and inspection and lease signing appointments.
- Coordinate with landlords and treatment teams during clients’ tenancy to assure that tenancy issues are addressed pro-actively.
- Practice timely and complete timecard and file documentation management per program requirements.
- Provide information and referrals and link consumers with community resources as needed.
- Participate in the provision of 24-hour, seven day a week on-call availability in response to crises experienced by enrolled consumers.
- Follow all COA standards of care for all clients.
- Provide outreach services as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
- Perform as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Perform related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a BA in Psychology, or Social Work, or equivalent from an accredited academic institution. Knowledge of community services and a minimum of two years experience in the direct treatment of mentally ill persons. Experience working with issues of mental health and poverty preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: Must have a valid Driver’s License and ability to drive for work use. The individual must successfully pass the background check applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, climb, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequently lift up to 10 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach
- Occasionally crawl, stoop, kneel
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of: Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Supervisory Skills: this job does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at moderate to loud levels of sound dependent upon daily activities.