|Title:||Property Payables Clerk - FT|
|Dept:||60 - CHC|
This position is responsible for assisting the Property Accounting Department with accounts payable functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Coding and Data Entry of all invoices, including replacement items submitted for reimbursement.
- Monitors cash balances, vendor terms and due dates to ensure that vendors are paid in a timely manner within guidelines set by the payables pecking order.
- Post accounts payable in system. Auditing to ensure the correct vendor, GL account, terms, and accurate dollar amount.
- Assembles all checks and routes through US mail.
- File AP invoices with the newest invoices to the front after each check run. Create folders, and files fiscal and statistical data at property year end for each entity.
- Monitors outstanding checks, and support due diligence required by Department of Revenue to report.
- Reviews vendor IRS form W-9s for completeness. Monitors the vendor database to ensure data is properly entered to facilitate the 1099 process.
- Responsible to complete credit applications for new vendors as needed.
- Assists with the preparations for the annual audit and monthly Owner’s Report.
- Monitors and assists with vendor related contracts.
- Responsible to research all past due balances.
- Verify and process (BIG R) by determining appropriate expense allocation for related party reimbursement including CHSEW, CC Fiscal Services, and Development.
- Implement payables data entry training for all new CHC employees, as needed.
- Adheres to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
- Perform as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Perform related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have: a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree. Experience working with accounting systems and meeting deadlines
Certificates/Licenses: No certifications are required for this job. Successfully pass background check applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequently lift up to 30 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach
- Occasionally crawl, stoop, kneel
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of: Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Accounting software, Internet software
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Supervisory Skills: This job does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at moderate to loud levels of sound dependent upon the daily activities.