|Title:||Human Resources Operations Clerk - FT|
|Dept:||92 - Human Resources|
This position is responsible for supporting Human Resources by providing administrative support and assisting with compliance monitoring, report preparation, analysis of HR related matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Administrative Support
- Provides first level of support to employees, assisting with basic employment and policy-related questions.
- Maintains official personnel files and files of other HR information and monitors document destruction according to internal policy and federal/state regulations.
- Responds to wage and employment verification requests for employees as needed.
- Coordinates HR events and meetings such as wellness fairs, benefit information sessions etc.
- Provides information for unemployment claims to the Employment Security Department and appeals claims as needed.
- Maintains the employee master file, entering new hires in ADP, status changes, benefit changes, and terminations. Assists with cost-of-living and minimum wage adjustments and other mass changes as necessary.
- Sends exit interviews to employees leaving the organization and records information when returned. Prepares reports on data, looking for trends.
- Assists with the processing of FMLA paperwork.
- Notifies benefit vendors of all changes in employee benefits including the new enrollments, benefit changes and termination of benefits.
- Logs all status changes on the Payroll/HR control spreadsheet.
- Monitors the upcoming evaluations and notifies Directors to ensure evaluations are completed and annual increases are awarded in a timely manner.
- Assists with employee training platform duties in Gracehill program.
- m.Distributes monthly payroll summary to the Program Directors for review.
- Follows up with program representatives as necessary to ensure resolution of problems involving incomplete, inaccurate or non-compliant information.
- Reviews insurance invoices and other benefit vendor invoices on a monthly basis to ensure employees are removed or added appropriately.
- Performs and assists in various workplace monitoring such including customer service, documentation and files, workplace posters, etc.
- CQI coordinating duties.
- Other Related Duties
- Performs other HR related duties as assigned.
- Provides backup coverage to the Receptionist as needed.
- Performs as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Adhere to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrines.
- Performs related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have a Bachelors Degree. Degree in HR preferred. Basic understanding Human Resource processes and requirements, a minimum of one (1) year experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Non-profit work experience preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a valid Driver’s License and ability to drive for work use. Successfully pass background check applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, climb, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequently lift up to 10 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach
- Occasionally crawl, stoop, kneel
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of: Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Supervisory Skills: this job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at quiet to moderate levels of sound dependent upon daily activities