|Title:||Assistant Property Manager - FT|
|Dept:||60 - CHC|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Creates positive, welcoming, supportive environment for residents, visitors, and property associates.
- Assists in maintaining relationships with all residents, ensuring consistent application of property policies.
- Assure compliance with regulatory requirements, including Fair Housing guidelines.
- Report accidents and emergency situations to the Property Manager immediately and assists in the preparation of Incident Reports.
- Supports Leasing by assisting in leading tours of the property, showing vacant units and marketing property amenities as needed.
- Assist with screening all applications for submission to corporate.
- Assists in collecting rent and entering data in the property management system.
- Forwards resident inquiries, complaints and concerns promptly documenting action.
- Assists in creating notices for non-compliance actions for supervisor approval.
- Utilize maintenance software program to enter in and track work orders.
- Follow up on all maintenance requests. Ensure that all maintenance requests are handled in a timely manner and that residents are notified if parts must be ordered, causing a delay.
Property Program Duties:
- Assist in the delivery of recertification notices to tenants in accordance with Program specific requirements.
- Assist in follow up on annual re-certifications/renewals after notifications have been sent.
- Assist in scheduling and performing certification appointments with applicants and residents.
- Assist in preparing move-in files for new residents.
- Assists in inspections for move-in condition (pre-inspection) and turnover status.
- Assist Compliance Department by performing peer review file audits of MI, IR, AR, IC, TM, corrections and full tenant files.
- Assist Compliance Department in the resolution of discrepancies from certification corrections, MOR, EIV and TRACS; and documentation of the resolution in accordance with Program specific requirements.
- Assist with the preparations for the annual audits and MORs.
- Assist in the maintenance of affordable housing waitlist in accordance with Program specific requirements.
- Accurately complete data entry and database maintenance including tenant, prospect, certification, work orders, and accounting data.
- Cross train with Property Manager to ensure that the property functions properly in their absence.
- Assist the Property Manager in achieving financial, operational and occupancy goals.
- Assists with the development and implementation of resident retention programs and strategies to maintain 100% occupancy level.
- Complete required educational courses as directed.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- Assists in assuring that the cleanliness of common areas is maintained daily, landscaping is in good condition, and minor repairs are completed.
- Assists in making daily bank deposits.
- Represent Catholic Housing Communities during professional trade events to promote company awareness and excellence while furthering personal network and education.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by Regional Operations Manager.
- Adheres to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
- Perform as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Perform related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a High school diploma or GED equivalent. Prior Experience with affordable housing, HUD & Tax Credit preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have an LIHTC/HUD certification required within six months of hire. A valid Driver’s License and ability to drive for work use. Successfully pass background check applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, climb, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequently lift up to 20 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach, stoop, kneel
- Occasionally crawl
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled. May be scheduled flexible work hours as needed to complete job expectations.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of: Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software. Familiar with property management software programs.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Supervisory Skills: ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Applicable supervisory responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, training, and coaching employees, planning, assigning and directing work, reviewing performance, appraising/disciplining employees when necessary, addressing complaints and questions and resolving problems.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at moderate to loud levels of sound dependent upon the daily activities.