|Title:||Property Manager - FT|
|Dept:||60 - CHC|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Creates positive, welcoming, supportive environment for residents, visitors, and property associates.
- Assists with the development and implementation of resident retention programs and strategies to maintain 100% occupancy level.
- Manage assigned properties by responding to emergency calls, collecting rents, and delivering notices ensuring consistent enforcement of apartment community rules and regulations documenting action.
- Assure the availability of "on call" for emergencies that require supervisor authority.
- Handle resident complaints in a timely manner (within 24 hours) promptly documenting action.
- Assure adherence to community policies; implementing policy-based sanctions up to and including evictions.
- Create notices for non-compliance actions for supervisor approval.
- Assure that the cleanliness of common areas is maintained daily, landscaping is in good condition, and minor repairs are completed. Provide oversight of timely renovation of vacant apartments.
- Utilize maintenance software program to enter and track work orders, and regularly reviews maintenance reports. Keep all records as required and provide reports corporate.
- Establishes and maintains regular daily office hours, ensuring adequate coverage.
- Evaluate associates’ performance, including the completion of annual performance reviews and make recommendations for salary increases and/or advancement.
- Supervise and be responsible for work performed by all staff members under your direction.
- Cross train with Assistant Property Manager to ensure that the property functions properly in your absence.
- Maintain positive communication daily with Social Service Coordinator on resident issues to assure seamless, comprehensive, wrap-around services, as well as seeking opportunities to integrate skills sets with Housing Social Services/Activities Coordinator, if applicable.
- Provide Maintenance Technician with training, supervision and support needed to carry out responsibilities in a competent, professional manner.
Property Program Duties:
- Oversight of LIHTC/HUD certification paperwork done by APM to assure accurate paperwork prior to sending to compliance as applicable.
- Screens, reviews, and approves all applications for submission to corporate.
- Responsible for delivery of recertification notices to tenants in accordance with Program specific requirements.
- Follow up on annual re-certifications/renewals after notifications have been sent.
- Schedule and perform certification appointments with applicants and residents.
- Inspects apartments for move-in condition (pre-inspection) and turnover status.
- Prepare move-in files for new residents.
- Assist Compliance Department by performing peer review file audits of MI, IR, AR, IC, TM, corrections and full tenant files.
- Assist Compliance Department in the resolution of discrepancies from certification corrections, MOR, EIV and TRACS; and documentation of the resolution in accordance with HUD requirements.
- Assist with the preparations for the annual audits and MORs.
- Assist in the maintenance of affordable housing waitlists in accordance with Program specific requirements.
- Assure compliance with regulatory requirements, including Fair Housing guidelines, recordkeeping, reporting and audits. Report accidents and emergency situations to the Regional Operations Manager immediately and prepare CQI reports.
- Ensure that all maintenance requests are handled in a timely manner and that residents are notified if parts must be ordered, causing a delay. Enforce weekly follow-up of such requests.
- Oversee negotiations with outside vendors in such diverse areas as construction, HVAC, plumbing, roofs, landscaping, floor covering, electrical appliances, elevators, gates, etc.
- Make daily bank deposits and maintain petty cash fund.
- Review all bills and invoices for payment after matching with approvals.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual operating budget, and works with Regional Operations Manager to maintain budgetary guidelines.
- Keep all records as required and provide reports including budget versus actual to Regional Operations Manager on agreed upon basis.
- Perform monthly property inspections with the Regional Managers to assure that vacant units are filled and the property is kept up to professional standards.
- Assist Regional Operations Manager with the development and implementation of a marketing plan.
- Represent Catholic Housing Communities during professional trade events to promote company awareness and excellence while furthering personal network and education.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by Regional Operations Manager.
- Adheres to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
- Perform as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Perform related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: Two years’ property management experience with two or more years’ experience in multi-family property management, including direct supervision of others and direct client services. Proven Marketing and leasing experience. Experience with affordable housing, HUD & Tax Credit preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have an LIHTC/HUD certification required within six months of hire. A valid Driver’s License and ability to drive for work use. Successfully pass background check applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, climb, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequently lift up to 20 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach, stoop, kneel
- Occasionally crawl
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled. May be scheduled flexible work hours as needed to complete job expectations.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of: Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software. Familiar with property management software programs.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Supervisory Skills: ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Applicable supervisory responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, training, and coaching employees, planning, assigning and directing work, reviewing performance, appraising/disciplining employees when necessary, addressing complaints and questions and resolving problems.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at moderate to loud levels of sound dependent upon the daily activities.