|Title:||Night Manager - Part-time - Austen Manor - Clarkston, WA|
|Dept:||60 - CHC|
This position is responsible to assist and support in the required maintenance necessary to maintain curb appeal and the overall appearance and quality of the property. Assist in maintaining a safe environment including sharing the after hour’s on-call duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Assist the Property Manager in Resident Management after hours as assigned.
- Enforce building rules.
- In the absence of the Property Manager, the Night Manager is responsible for responding to and reporting resident and building emergencies.
- Assist with the snow removal and de-icing of the sidewalks and common areas.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and attractive environment around the Leasing Office, Community Room and all common areas.
- Assist in maintaining all common grounds/landscaping as required.
- Assist in maintaining all property amenities as required.
- Do general common area repairs as assigned by Regional Maintenance Manager.
- Assist Lead Maintenance Technician in the performance of all maintenance as required in conjunction with the request of the Property Manager.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by Lead Maintenance Technician.
- Maintain clean streets, curbs and sidewalks.
- Sweep all breeze ways and steps.
- Maintain clean laundry rooms.
- Assist in maintaining a safe environment by taking note of obstruction in hallways, lights that need to be replaced, suspicious activities, and unusual smells or sounds.
- Monitor parking lot to verify that vehicles in lot are on assigned parking list.
- Respond to emergency calls forwarded from the answering service.
- Maintain communications with day staff about any situations that may have occurred overnight.
- Replace exterior light bulbs as needed.
- Empty all trash receptacles as often as necessary, check daily.
- Read and abide by all company policies and procedures and community policies applicable to your specific property.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by Property Manager.
- Adhere to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
- Perform as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Perform related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have a High School Diploma or GED. Demonstrated experience performing janitorial duties.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a valid Drivers’ License with passenger endorsement and ability to drive for work use. Successfully pass background check applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, climb, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach
- Occasionally crawl, stoop, kneel
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled. Must be able to live on-site.
- Computer/Technical Ability: This position does not require any computer skills.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Supervisory Skills: this job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at moderate to loud levels of sound dependent upon the daily activities.
- This position requires the individual to live on-site.