|Title:||Rising Strong Program Coordinator - FT|
|Dept:||23 - Rising Strong|
The Rising Strong program is a collaboration between Catholic Charities and Empire Health Foundation. Based on proven models in California and Oregon, Rising Strong will focus on serving families who are at risk for separation due to parental substance abuse by providing safe housing, substance abuse treatment, case management, and other supportive wraparound services. By serving whole families, our aim is to reduce trauma in children, decrease the rates of foster care placements, and remove barriers that traditionally prevent parents from succeeding in substance abuse treatment. We walk alongside and support vulnerable families as they change their stories.
This position will assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations of Rising Strong. This will include maintaining staff coverage, providing staff supervision, serving as a liaison between the program and external partners, responding to emergencies after business hours, and providing skilled, compassionate services to our families as they seek to change their stories. Availability for working nights and weekends will be expected.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Assist in the development of program goals and execution of action plans to ensure the Rising Strong program is most effectively meeting the individual and collective needs of families.
- Represent Rising Strong in the community to develop partnerships that strengthen the program and advocate for systemic change that improves the lives of low-income families affected by substance use disorders.
- Assist in the referral and intake process for families by tracking information and ensuring all court documentation, referrals, and concrete goods are received prior to families’ arrival dates.
- Assist in the hiring and supervision of Rising Strong staff. Provide paid staff and volunteers with the training, supervision and support they need to carry out their responsibilities in a competent and professional manner.
b. Monitor staff performance to ensure that performance aligns with the core values of Catholic Charities and job description requirements.
6. Serve as designated liaison with identified community agencies and institutions that are collaborating in service delivery to the target population.
7. Assist in the on-going development and implementation of the treatment schedule.
8. Perform as a team a member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
9. Adhere to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
10. Assist in other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have a Master’s degree in a human services field or education or a related field. An equivalent level of experience and education will also be considered. Candidates with supervisory experience are preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
- Successfully pass background check applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly carry, reach, and stoop/crouch.
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, lift, pull/push, crawl, talk, hear, taste, or smell.
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of: Processing software
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: (choose the level that applies)Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be: Client Population may include persons involved in gangs, with substance abuse concerns, homelessness and/or tendencies towards violent behavior.