|Title:||Executive Assistant - FT|
|Dept:||23 - Rising Strong|
The Rising Strong program is a collaboration between Catholic Charities and Empire Health Foundation. Based on proven models in California and Oregon, Rising Strong will focus on serving families who are at risk for separation due to parental substance abuse by providing safe housing, substance abuse treatment, case management, and other supportive wraparound services. By serving whole families, our aim is to reduce trauma in children, decrease the rates of foster care placements, and remove barriers that traditionally prevent parents from succeeding in substance abuse treatment. We walk alongside and support vulnerable families as they seek to change their stories.
The Rising Strong Executive Assistant will provide support in assisting the Rising Strong Director in carrying out daily tasks and meeting the objectives of the program as we support our families in reaching their recovery-related goals. The person in this position will be scheduled for forty hours a week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Carry out administrative duties assigned by the Director. These may include scheduling appointments, following up with emails and phone calls, and tracking program details.
- Act as the general point of contact for Rising Strong.
- Assist with organizing the Director’s calendar and schedule appointments, as needed.
- Assist with Human Resources-related projects. Serve as the point of contact for Rising Strong job applicants, schedule interviews, and prepare interview materials.
- Maintain Rising Strong social media accounts.
- Design Rising Strong communication materials.
- Assist with maintaining Rising Strong’s budget, finances, and bills.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- Greet and oversee all Rising Strong visitors, as well as give tours of Rising Strong. Ensure all visitors sign confidentiality agreements.
- Run errands and transport families, as needed.
- Assist other staff members with childcare, transportation, and responding to various needs of families.
- Assist in providing oversight to volunteers serving at Rising Strong.
- Assist with collecting and organizing donations, as needed.
- Work closely with the Director and other staff members on special projects.
Other Relevant Duties
- Check in with the Director as needed to ensure clear comprehension of assigned duties.
- Perform as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Adheres to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
- Performs related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have a Bachelor’s degree and the following qualifications:
- Ability to project a positive, professional image to all Rising Strong providers, guests, and community partners.
- Ability to stay calm and work effectively to resolve crisis situations.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and self-disciplined team-player.
- Ability to easily adapt to change.
- Well organized.
- Comfortable working with families from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Adminstrative experience with non-profit organizations.
- Ability to design communication and marketing materials.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
- have a valid Driver’s License
- Successfully pass background check applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, climb, walk, lift, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach, stoop/crouch, crawl, talk, hear, taste, or smell.
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of word processing software, internet, email, video editing software.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability:
- Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: (choose the level that applies)
- Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Basic Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concreate variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Client Population may include persons involved in gangs, with substance abuse concerns, homelessness and/or tendencies towards violent behavior.