|Title:||Assistant Teacher - On Call|
|Dept:||10 - SACFC|
JOB TITLE: St. Anne’s Children & Family Center Assistant Teacher
JOB PURPOSE: Assist the Lead Teacher in all classroom activities.
- Be responsible to have knowledge of all Minimum Licensing Requirements for child care centers and expected to follow all MLRs at all times.
- Assist the Lead Teacher with classroom routine and care of the children.
- Assist the Lead Teacher with developing and maintaining the classroom environment and with implementation of developmentally appropriate classroom curriculum following accreditation criteria and Environmental Rating Scales (ITERS, ECERS).
- Interact with the children assisting them in selecting or participating in developmentally appropriate activities.
- Assist the Lead Teacher with the observation and assessment of children.
- Assist the Lead Teacher with daily communication with parents and classroom volunteers, both written and verbal.
- Assist with the daily documentation and record keeping in the classroom.
- Involve the children in appropriate language development through conversation and vocalization.
- Support the child’s positive self-image through appropriate conversations and positive guidance techniques including negotiating skills.
- Use positive guidance techniques in accordance with program policies.
- Assist with room cleaning, toy sanitizing and laundry.
- Assist with other duties in the child development center as assigned by the Program Supervisor.
- Performs as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Attend staff meetings and designated training programs.
- Performs related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older with a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Completion of STARS 20-hour training and/or ECE preferred.
- Preference for experience working with young children individually or in group settings.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Have good organizational skills.
- Must be self directed and motivated.
- Must be punctual and flexible.
- Some knowledge and experience of child development and child development centers preferred.
- Have computer skills
This position is directly supervised by the classroom Lead Teacher, Assistant Director, and Director.
REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Successfully pass DEL and WATCH criminal background check. Must have proof of MMR Vaccination within 30 days of hire. Must complete TB test, HIV/AIDS training, First Aid, and CPR training. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics. Essential functions regularly require effective verbal communications, the ability to sit for long periods of time, to reach with hands and arms, and to stand, walk, stoop or kneel. Specific vision, including focus adjustment, and ability to lift up to 40 pounds required.