|Title:||Dining Service Server - Part-time - Rockwood Lane|
|Dept:||60 - CHC|
This position is responsible to assist in the service in dining room making sure the residents are taken care of as directed by the Chef or, when needed, the Assistant Chef.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Greet residents and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner.
- Serves food in accordance with health standards that are palatable, appetizing in appearance, garnished and at proper temperature, in a timely manner.
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, window, mirrors, and floors as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining all work & storage areas in a clean and safe manner at all times.
- Serves food from steam table to the resident dining area as needed.
- Attend in-services and other meetings as directed.
- Know and follow the Safety Rules and report incidents or accidents of residents and or staff.
- Adhere to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
- Perform as a team member to assure that productivity outcome measures are achieved.
- Perform related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have: a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Dining food service experience preferred. Some knowledge of state and federal food quality standards including health guidelines and safety and sanitation standards.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a Food Handler’s Permit. Must successfully pass background check as applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, climb, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequently lift up to 30 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach
- Occasionally crawl, stoop, kneel
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
- Ability to operate standard kitchen equipment. Ability to handle food objects, plates, trays, glasses.
- Must be 16 years of age
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Supervisory Skills: this position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at quiet to moderate levels of sound dependent upon the activities of the Center
- Heat: subject to high temperatures
- Cold: exposed to low temperatures
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists