|Title:||Lease Compliance Specialist - FT|
|Dept:||60 - CHC|
This position is responsible to perform housing compliance and legal support for the Housing Management team. To assist the Regional Property Managers in the administration of all properties assigned to them. Provide clerical and administrative support and assist in the communication between the tenants, legal and property staff. Responsible for efficient management of all tenant communication related to lease compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- This position will provide tenant communication assistance to Housing team including handling of routine and confidential materials.
- Communicates with other agencies and/or departments to provide or obtain a wide variety of information to prepare all tenant notices in a timely manner.
- Distributes tenant notices such as Comply and Vacate, Pay and Vacate and Termination Notices, to Property Staff for timely posting.
- Works with Regional Operations Manager to prepare Risk to Tenancy plans and schedule meetings with resident and staff.
- Monitors compliance with notices and creates historical files based on property and tenant requirements.
- Follow up on all notices served to assure process is completed.
- Upload documents into the property management software.
- Prepares legal documentation files and submits to attorneys as necessary.
- Coordinates and communicates with attorneys, property staff and management team to monitor all tenant related legal actions.
- Answer incoming property phone calls; provide information to the general public and direct calls to appropriate properties or staff members.
- Maintain paper & electronic versions of current and prior, leases, community policies, legal information and all other housing related forms and paperwork.
- Report specific needs and deficiencies on individual properties to the Regional Managers.
- Assists with the development and implementation of resident retention programs and strategies to maintain 100% occupancy level
- Assure compliance with regulatory requirements, including Fair Housing guidelines, recordkeeping, reporting and audits.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned by the Housing Director.
- Adheres to the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic Doctrine.
- Perform as a team member to assure that productivity; outcome measures are achieved.
- Perform related functions necessary to support the mission and core values of Catholic Charities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree. Minimum of two years’ work experience in property management or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. General knowledge of Fair Housing rules.
Certificates/Licenses: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to successfully complete required education and certifications such as fair housing and knowledge of affordable housing. Successfully pass background check applicable to position.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit, stand, climb, walk, hear/listen, talk
- Frequently lift up to 30 pounds, pull/push, carry, grasp, reach
- Occasionally crawl, stoop, kneel
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses, ability to focus
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the: Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time; ability to complete research projects with resourcefulness and persistence; ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; ability to use intuition and experience to complement existing data.
- Attendance: ability to consistently arrive and be able to work as scheduled.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of: Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software. Ability to load and update software and handle minor computer/office equipment problems. Must type a minimum of 60 wpm.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations. Awareness of and sensitivity to the service population’s culture and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Supervisory Skills: this job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent sounds at moderate to loud levels of sound dependent upon the daily activities.